Thursday, December 12, 2013

Uncertainty


Hello my friends.

I'm scared of the future. And I'm scared of the dark. Mostly though, I'm just scared of the future. Today is December 12, 2013. But what about tomorrow? And the next day? And next year? There is so little that we actually know. Each day comes at us whether we like it or not. Today I'm feeling like I'd love to stay in my bed with my puppy and watch today happen outside my window.

Unfortunately I have to go to class and complete chores just like every other adult. How do we do it? How do we get up every day and step out the door into the unknown? It's terrifying. Anything could happen today; good or bad. Our schedules and plans are just a way for us to try to structure a chaotic world. I apologize for sounding kind of spacey today. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching myself from outside my own body. It's one of those days.

I read today's devotional from Sarah Young's book, "Jesus Calling," before writing this post. Here's what it said:

"I am taking care of you. Feel the warmth and security of being enveloped in My loving Presence. Every detail of your life is under my control. Moreover, everything fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me and are called according to My design and purpose.

Because the world is in an abnormal, fallen condition, people tend to think that chance governs the universe. Events may seem to occur randomly, with little or no meaning. People who view the world this way have overlooked one basic fact: What you know of the world you inhabit is only the tip of the iceberg. Submerged beneath the surface of the visible world are mysteries too vast for you to comprehend. If you could only see how close I am to you and how constantly I work on your behalf, you would never again doubt that I am wonderfully caring for you. This is why you must live by faith, not by sight; trusting in My mysterious, majestic Presence."

It seems that the message didn't exactly sink in for me before I started writing. I was freaking out despite the calming words I had just read. I'm so grateful that we get more than one chance to seek Jesus daily, because I just blew my first attempt. Here's to a day of trust in the face of uncertainty.

Love,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment