Friday, March 7, 2014

Tsunami



Good morning friends.

It's almost spring break time for Tank and I! I have one more class today, which doesn't involve an exam thankfully. I completed a Chemistry exam yesterday which went pretty well. Those exams usually feel like an epic information blast and I wander about for the rest of the day without much brain function. Last night I watched some episodes of Castle while doing laundry, eating an acorn squash, and listening to Tank chomp on a rawhide.

Sometimes I wonder about the rapid rate at which my life changes/evolves. I see people who have a relatively unchanging schedule that repeats week after week and I wonder what that's like. They visit the same coffee shop every morning, order a 16oz Americano, no room for cream, eat a blueberry muffin and shuffle off to work. They don't seem uncomfortable knowing that their movements are predictable. Have they worked hard to enforce the same schedule daily or did it all just happen without their knowledge?

Maybe the part of their day I'm witnessing isn't truly representative of the rate of change in their life. I feel like, personally, trying to fight against change of most kinds is like trying to hold back a tsunami with a picket fence. We try to build up what we can, in the situation that we find ourselves, only to have the landscape changed when surging waters demolish our plans. Dramatic? Yes. True? My anxiety tells me yes.

I suppose I feel apprehensive (at best) about change because I AM constantly in it's grasp. Perhaps when my life is more orderly and predictable I will actually desire change. It's hard for me to imagine that scenario, however. Do you think that God makes certain people "changelings" and other people "samelings?" Or are we meant to vacillate back and forth between the two?

Some day, when I meet my Maker, all my questions will be answered. For now, I'll speculate and wonder. I hope you ask questions as well. Being curious about His world is better than being apathetic, or so I tell myself when my prayers turn into holy interrogations. I pray that He blesses you and I with peace and love this weekend.

Love,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment